I am always being asked about “healthy dessert recipes” so here you have one! I got this out of the Clean Eating Magazine. www.eatcleanmag.com I hope you enjoy!
- Olive oil cooking spray
- 1 1/4 cups quick-cook old-fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup whole-wheat pastry ﬂour
- 2 tsp ﬂaxseed meal
- 1 tsp cinnamon, ground
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 cup agave nectar
- 1 large egg white
- 2 tsp unsalted almond butter
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup dark bittersweet chocolate chips (about 40 grams)
- Preheat oven to 350°F and lightly spray 2 baking sheets with cooking spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine oats, ﬂour, ﬂaxseed meal, cinnamon, baking powder and salt.
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk together agave, egg white, almond butter and vanilla.
- Add egg mixture to dry ingredients all at once and combine. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Divide batter equally into 16 mounds (about 1 rounded tbsp in size) and arrange evenly spaced on prepared baking sheets. Using the back of a slightly dampened spoon, ﬂatten each mound into 2 1/2-inch circles. Bake 9 to 10 minutes, until golden. Cool on sheets for an additional 10 minutes before transferring to racks to cool completely. Stored in an airtight container, cookies will keep fresh for 2 to 3 days.
|NOTE: Substitute the chocolate chips with raisins, shredded coconut, dried cranberries or other dried fruit to give these cookies a new identity every time you make them.
||SUGARS: 18 g
|TOTAL FAT: 3.5 g
||PROTEIN: 3 g
|SAT. FAT: 1 g
||SODIUM: 75 mg
|CARBS: 35 g
||CHOLESTEROL: 0 mg
|FIBER: 3 g